For Freshwater Charter Operators and Guides
The freshwater logbooks were removed in 2019. To address recent questions, the department wants to provide some clarifying points related to this action:
- Freshwater guides and guide businesses are still required to register with the department and freshwater guides will need to have their 2019 registration card or validated temporary registration form with them when providing sport fishing guide services. In addition, freshwater guides will continue to have in their possession while guiding:
- a copy of the current ADF&G sport fishing business owner’s registration of the guide’s employer;
- a current Alaska sport fishing license, tags, stamps or permits that are required to engage in the sport fishery for which guide services are being provided;
- an identification card issued to the sport fishing guide by a state or federal agency that bears a photo of the sport fishing guide (e.g. driver’s license).
- Vessels used to provide freshwater sport fishing guide services must still be registered with the department and will be issued annual stickers for vessel registration.
If you have any questions regarding the changes to the freshwater logbook program, please contact Ben Jevons at (907) 267-2299 or firstname.lastname@example.org.