Black Bear Hunting in Alaska
DL457 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2023
Hunt Number: DL457
Regulatory Year: 2023
Hunt Type: Draw
Species: Black Bear
Legal Animal: One (1) black bear, except cubs and females accompanied by cubs
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 3 permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 3 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||3 permits|
14C, McHugh Creek
10/01/2023 - 10/31/2023
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Report in person to the Anchorage ADFG office within 3 days. Sealing must be completed within 30 days.
- Specimens Required: Skull and hide (unfrozen) with claws and evidence of sex attached
Report online, by mail, or in person within 15 days of the close of the season.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: Unit 14C, McHugh Creek: all drainages into McHugh Creek, excluding that area within a ½ mile of the Seward Hwy or within ½ mile of a developed facility.
- Certified Shotgun or Certified Muzzleloader Hunters Only: You must be certified through a department approved basic hunter education class or muzzleloader certification class prior to hunting in DL457. Call 267-2187 for more information on hunter education classes.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.