Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
Biology of the ribbon seal, Histriophoca fasciata, in the Bering Sea
- Reference: Burns, J. J. 1971. Biology of the ribbon seal, Histriophoca fasciata, in the Bering Sea [abstract]. Page 135 [In] Adaptation for northern life: Proceedings of the 22nd Alaska Science Conference, 17-19 August 1971, College, Alaska. Alaska Division of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Audiences: Wildlife Manager
- Authors: John J. Burns Sr.
- Funding Sources: FWS-WR
- GMUs or Areas:
- Keywords: ribbon seal, Histriophoca fasciata, sexual dimorphism, pelage stages, age determination, breeding, growth, diet
- Link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/home/library/pdfs/wildlife/research_pdfs/biology_ribbon_seal_historiophoca_fasciata_bering_sea.pdf (PDF)
- Partners: Federal Aid-Wildlife Restoration Program, NOAA
- Primary Authors: John J. Burns Sr.
- Programs: Marine Mammals
- Project Numbers: W-17-R
- Publication Types: Abstract/Poster/Presentation (Scientific)
- Regions: Region IV - Central and Southwest Alaska, Region V - Arctic and Western Alaska
- Species: Ribbon Seal
- Species Categories: Mammals, Marine Mammals
- Title: Biology of the ribbon seal, Histriophoca fasciata, in the Bering Sea
- Topics: Identification (e.g., antler size, type, sex), Research, Physiology, Diet
- Year: 1971
See more: Wildlife Publications