Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
How many bears?
- Reference: Schoen, J. W., S. D. Miller, W. Ballard, and L. R. Beier. 1987. How many bears? Alaska Fish & Game 19(6):8-9.
- Audiences: General Public, Wildlife Manager
- Authors: John W. Schoen
- Funding Sources:
- GMUs or Areas: All
- Keywords: brown bear, Ursus arctos, population surveys, survey techniques
- Link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/home/library/pdfs/wildlife/research_pdfs/how_many_bears.pdf (PDF)
- Primary Authors: John W. Schoen
- Programs: Wildlife Management, Wildlife Information
- Project Numbers:
- Publication Types: News Article
- Regions: Statewide
- Species: Brown Bear
- Species Categories: Big Game, Mammals
- Title: How many bears?
- Topics: Wildlife Management, Population Abundance and Trends (Survey Inventory), Technique Development (e.g., population survey, breakaway snares)
- Year: 1987
See more: Wildlife Publications