Online Salmon and Shellfish Permits
and Harvest Reporting

Online Salmon and Shellfish Permits

Personal use salmon permits for Upper Cook Inlet and the Chitina Subdistrict of the Copper River as well as Prince William Sound Shrimp Permits, when they become available, can be found through the Fish and Game Online Store.

To apply for Personal Use Salmon permits, you must be a resident of Alaska, have a current sport fishing license (which can also be purchased online), and have a valid email address where the permit can be sent to you. Both permits and licenses can be printed at home. The bag limits in these fisheries are based on household size. You must enter the names of all household members in the application.

For Prince William Sound Shrimp Sport/Subsistence Permits, you must have a valid sport fishing license. Non-residents may only obtain a Sport Permit. For Subsistence Permits, you must be a state resident, and do not need a sport fishing license, but you may not fish for shrimp within a non-subsistence use area.

Online Harvest Reporting

Harvest information may now also be reported online. If you got your permit online, the system will recognize you once you enter your permit number. If you got a paper permit at a vendor or an ADF&G office, you may still report your harvest online, but you will have to enter your name, address, and sport fish license number.

Contacts & Additional Information

Additional information on fisheries, permits, and harvest reporting.